Standard advice is to replace all electrolytic capacitors, and any paper
capacitors that look swelled, cracked, or overheated. That's
In this case, though,
a) There are only a dozen paper caps in addition to three electrolytics,
b) I had reason to suspect some of these paper caps, and
c) I'm a glutton for punishment.
So I decided to replace all of the capacitors (except for 3 Mica
While I'm pulling out all of the caps, and many of the resistor connections
would be reworked in the process, I decided to replace all of the resistors as
well. My pre-flight check had uncovered several resistors that were off by
> 20%, so spending another hour or so soldering seemed like a good investment.